What you need to know about Pregnancy and Postnatal care
Pregnancy and birth are probably the most ‘key’ pinnacle experiences a woman can have, and those experiences are certainly worthy of a special kind of preparation and care.
The Healing Practice specialises in a whole mind/ body approach to fertility wellness
Our range of holistic services support you through all the phases of uncertainty, transition and transformation (and excitement) that come with Pregnancy – Before, During and After!
Nutrition and Naturopathy – Preconception and natural fertility support
- Our Integrated Naturopath provides tailored nutritional advice and support to optimise fertility.
- This specialist focus is on digestive, hormonal and immune issues to support fertility. Book here
Fertility Massage ( 1 hour or 1.5 hour massages available)
- Abdominal massage for fertility is a specialised massage – to improve a woman’s health and function by focussing on areas of stagnation and tension within her body.
- An assessment of her current state of wellbeing will determine the best treatment plan for her to aid her goal of healthy conception in both body and mind. Book here
- Fertility hypnotherapy provides a safe and supportive space to build an internal space of baby possibility
- Long-held grief affects any woman’s hormonal balance and fertility.
- Hypnosis helps a woman make internal changes to the way she thinks, feels and behaves. Book here
Schedule Preconception Counselling
For women contemplating pregnancy and seeking to put a plan in place, who also have no fertility issues ( that they are aware of)
- Nutritional advice on healthy eating to support optimal nutrition and gestational weight gain
- Integrated Naturopathic advice to support maternal health and baby wellbeing Book here
Pregnancy Massage ( 1 hour or 1.5 hour massages available)
- Pregnancy Massage is a specialised treatment. It incorporates remedial, therapeutic techniques and lymphatic drainage as is required, to meet the individual needs of the pregnant woman and her baby.
- Trained in Childbirth Education, Claire will be able to answer your questions about your approaching labour.
- Regular treatments will assist with the tensions and discomforts experienced during pregnancy. Book here
- For women concerned about their pre-existing mental health and have concerns about managing and enjoying their pregnancy
- Issues of being a single mother, partnership difficulties, and other family issues that diminish your appropriate support networks
- Stress management for balancing life roles, body image adjustment and sleeping
- Relaxation/mindfulness for pregnancy and birth preparation and procedural anxiety around pregnancy and birth Book here
- HypnoCalmBirth is a method of childbirth preparation based on the premise: that everywoman can achieve an easier and calmer childbirth – when she knows how.
- Practical and personable instruction based on hypnosis, meditation and childbirth education
- To give you resourceful skills and a heart pathway to bring your baby into the world. Book here
- Prenatal / Childbirth Education to prepare you for the birth of your baby, at home, Birth Centre or Delivery Suite.
- Private Sessions for first-time parents or multiple births
- Refresher Sessions for parents preparing for their next child
- Classes aim to equip you with useful information and practical skills for use during labour, pregnancy and the postpartum period.
The Healing Practice classes are a mixture of information and practical skills and filled with the kind of content that is most useful as birth preparation.
- Individual private classes focus specifically on your needs – and offer a more intensive and personalised approach to birth preparation.
- Stress management for balancing life roles, body image adjustment, sleep support and development of baby care skills
- Relaxation/mindfulness for pregnancy and birth preparation and procedural anxiety. Book here
- This treatment aims to prompt and prime a positive labour response.
- It is a combination of acupoints, reflexology, and specific techniques to make a difference to your body
- It encourages baby to settle deeper into your pelvis and look forward to labour
- Best done around 39 weeks
- Natural Labour Induction Massage focuses on keeping you and your baby comfortable throughout the treatment.
- Caulophyllum is available as well to support your labour response. Book here
- Some women are at an increased risk of depression during pregnancy (known as the antenatal or prenatal period) and in the first year following childbirth (known as the postnatal or perinatal period).
The causes of depression at this time can be complex and are often the result of a combination of factors.
- If you need counselling support with your grief, anxiety and/ or deep sadness, please contact me
Physiotherapy services to alleviate and support: See Eleanor Lee-Bognar
- Low and mid back pain, pain in the pubis/SIJ or pelvis or buttocks (or discomfort in the pelvis, back and hips)
- Abdominal bulging (rectus diastasis)
- Bladder control problems or constipation/straining
- Exercise advice
- Preparing for birth
After Pregnancy- Postnatal Care
- Support to help women achieve their nutritional requirements for breastfeeding
- Naturopathic advice relating to postnatal weight loss and recovery Book here
Postnatal Recovery Treatment ( 1 hour or 1.5 hour massages available)
- Corrections and massage relief on the lower back, hips and pelvic areas after any labour and childbirth; especially if it was arduous, prolonged or traumatic vaginal or caesarean birth
- Lymphatic drainage and how-to-self-drain for lactating breast conditions (mastitis and blocked ducts)
- Appropriate and sensitive care of scar tissue after c-section (caesarean) birth
- Focus on supporting a woman’s recovery, ensuring she feels internally comfortable and intact after childbirth. Book here
- Postnatal and Psychosocial support with:
- parent-baby bonding
- adjustment to mothering and parenthood role
- activities of daily living including balancing selfcare, return to work, and routines. Book here
- A debrief allows a unique space to speak about your birth experience, especially if it was difficult at any time, to a professional person who holds a therapeutic space for you to talk in. Book here
- The health and well being of your baby is paramount to a successful transition back to your ‘real life’! The Healing Practice also provides ongoing care for Mum & Baby.
- In times of need, when your baby is distressed and you are unable to relieve your baby’s distress, Baby Bowen can make an immediate difference to your baby’s wellbeing, and to yours as well.
- Baby Bowen is gentle and effective for your baby’s health to help relieve any physical discomfort – resulting from an arduous birth or a maladjustment, that may be affecting their sleeping or digestion.
- Your session includes a consultation with you, how to offer your baby relief too – and a treatment on baby.
- We offer The Bowen Technique as well for Mums – and their Partners
if you have any question or concerns, Contact Us
The Healing Practice
7 Albert St
Forest Lodge (Glebe) 2037 NSW